@1st_Lady_Otter @nwnazarene October 28


My daily post theme for 2017 is on Colleges and Universities.

The plan for starting my blog back in 2014 was at the urging of fellow coaching colleagues to share posts on leadership and/or motivation. Somehow that idea got derailed and turned into daily posts on one theme for an entire year.

In 2014 my daily posts were on the “Beer of the Day”, 2015 it was “A Friend of a Friend”, 2016 I wrote about “North Carolina”, and for 2017 I will focus on “Colleges and Universities”.

I have been associated with colleges since I was 18 and I love them. I have coached/worked at four different universities and in my professional and personal travels visited 100’s more. Each college has something in its history that I want to share that to me make it unique or personal.

If you want to follow the blog via email go to the bottom right of the post and click the follow button.

My twitter handle is @coach4aday2 if you want to follow my blog that way.

Name of University: Northwest Nazarene University

Location: Nampa ID

Eugene Emerson and many other people in Nampa, Idaho in early part of the 20th century had a desire to educate their children. They organized an elementary school in 1913 and in the next two years, both high school and college courses were added to the curriculum. Thus began Northwest Nazarene University.

NW Naz

For the next 20 years the focus was on education below the college level.  In 1931 the school received accreditation as a junior college and as a four-year college in 1937. Master’s programs were added in the mid-sixties. The name of the institution was changed from Northwest Nazarene College to Northwest Nazarene University in 1999. NNU changed from quarters to semesters, May, 2000.

Aerial view of campus. Nampa,Idaho has a population of slightly less than 90,000.

NW Campus aerial

Today the university has slightly less than 1500 undergraduate students. NNU is affilated with The Church of the Nazarene. Approximately 45% of NNU students have claimed “Nazarene” as their church background and the other 55% belong to a variety of different denominations.

Lori Otter is a graduate of Northwest Nazarene University and is a former Miss Idaho 1991. She is married to Governor of Idaho, C. L. “Butch” Otter.

Otter_new_offical_photo

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Vivo Mentor

Learn How to Use Business Mentoring Successfully

Dave Ramsey

STRATEGIC ARTS AND WELLNESS

A Unique Title For Me

Hoping to make the world more beautiful

Heartfelt

Loving life and living it up!

Endless Roaming

Australian Traveller that loves to "Roam" our globe, creator of ENDLESSROAMING.COM sharing the experience through word and photography. Currently working on Sydney Harbour in a recent career change from the IT industry. Feedback / questions are more than welcome, happy travels

Ella Craig

Write here, write now.

Our Eyes Open

Come along on an adventure with us!

Bullet Point Reading

Key Takeaways From Books!

LITERARY TITAN

Connecting Authors and Readers

~Plucking Of My Heartstrings~

Blogging on a variety of things that pluck at the hearts' emotions & more

PowerPop... An Eclectic Collection of Pop Culture

An Eclectic Collection of Pop Culture

Toastie Books

happiness is reading books in bed

emotionspassion.com

Emotional musings

Mirth and Motivation

Motivate. Elevate. Laugh and Live Positively!

paperinkplan

Productivity planning and other stuff...

%d bloggers like this: