Coach4aday blog posts are written by John Rancke and I. We write daily about leadership, food, people, music, our granddaughters, Lumberton NC, and things that pique our curiosity.
If you want to follow the blog via email go to the bottom right of the post and click the follow button.
My twitter handle is @coach4aday2 if you want to follow the blog that way.
John’s twitter handle is @johnrancke if you want to reach out to him.
Fantasy Football Draft Day Traditions
I am beginning my fourth season playing fantasy football tonight. I belong to a league called the Linthead Football League that is dominated with people from the textile industry hence the name.
We don’t have many draft day traditions but many leagues do. Our league’s draft occurs at the home of a friend Ron Roach who is a die hard Cleveland Browns fan and he happens to have a poolside bar that we do our draft at.
One thing that is sure to occur tonight is to have someone who will remain nameless but is featured in the middle of the photo above will surely “This is the Browns Year”.
Here are some Fantasy Football Draft traditions I found online:
- One league in Southern California requires the first person to draft a kicker or a rookie to take a shot.
- A league in Florida has a “Finish What You Got” rule for asking if any player has been drafted
- Various leagues have destination draft sites-seems like Vegas is quite popular.
- The DJ and Pasta League from Brooklyn NY has the previous year last place finisher stand up and have tomatoes hurled at him.
- A league in Charlotte NC makes the loser from the previous year retire his team name and wear a shirt autographed by everyone else in the league to the draft thhe shirts says “My Team Sucks”
- A league in the Bronx requires a week before the draft for last year loser to dress as a lion and go to a paintball range and be hunted by the rest of the league.
- League in Colorado requires the low point scorer from each week to wear a Golden Sombrero and post that picture on Social Media. Low scorer from last week of previous season wears the Golden Sombrero on draft day.
- League in Pennsylvania requires loser from previous year to place on his car “I finished last in my FF league” license plate holder.
None of that for the Linthead League but we do have a weekly recap called Linthead Football Ramblings that pokes fun at each player.