Coach4aday blog posts are written by John Rancke and me. We write daily about leadership, food, people, music, our granddaughters, Lumberton NC, and things that pique our curiosity.
If you want to follow the blog via email go to the bottom right of the post and click the follow button.
My twitter handle is @coach4aday2 if you want to follow the blog that way.
John’s twitter handle is @johnrancke if you want to reach out to him.
I have written about my pastor Dr. David Ruth and his wife Eva in a past post.
David and Eva Ruth this summer in Maine
This past Sunday he inspired me with a word he used in his sermon. The word was “Majestic”.
He got me thinking what are “majestic moments” that some of us take for granted. This post is about some of those moments for me. If we spend time reflecting and/or just getting still, I believe majestic events are all around us.
Here are some that popped into my memory bank while I reflected
- Purchasing a bike with money I saved in 1965 from shoveling snow off neighbors sidewalks
- Riding that bike home in 1967 with my first paycheck at a butcher shop.
- The trips with friends or just being with them socially
- Visiting sacred places-example Gettysburg National Military Park
- Witnessing the birth of my five children-I have an honorary degree in lamaze
- Retiring with no regrets just joy from 43 years of working in higher ed.
- Getting to hold or see my granddaughter
- Having family together
- Appreciating the beauty of nature
- Getting to serve others
- Getting out of bed excited about the day ahead
Thanks David for reminding us of the majestic things in each of our lives.