Coach4aday blog posts are ideas that are shared to help people grow and learn. Would love for you to consider following the blog with one of the like buttons. You can follow by email at bottom right of post.
My twitter handle is @coach4aday2 if you want to follow the blog that way.
Each year the blog takes on a different focus. In 2019 the goal is for each post to bring you the reader a lesson, quote, message, or story that can help you grow.
I can tell you a Retired FRIDAY feels different than Working FRIDAY. The biggest reason is the freedom to engage in tasks that I am excited about. It is amazing the positive energy that freedom provides me each morning I wake up. I don’t take the gift for granted.
To be honest as a retiree each day of the week provides me with a lot of positive energy not just FRIDAY. A lot of workplace leaders take advantage of Fridays to elevate their team’s attitude and energy level.
Hindsight is 20/20 but looking back at a working FRIDAY experience here are some ideas I wish I would have done with more frequency as a campus workplace leader. Some of them I did but not on a regular basis.
- Having a catered lunch for the team.
- Have a potluck lunch
- Spending 30 minutes each Friday exploring some other department or leader on campus.
- Have regularly scheduled professional development sessions for the team.
- Go for a run with a group of friends
- Provide ice cream in late afternoon.
- Go to the library and get a book for upcoming week
I hope each of you has a fantastic FRIDAY. I am excited about mine.