Coach4aday is a daily blog featuring shared ideas to help people grow and learn. You can follow the blog with one of the like buttons found on top left of Coach4aday website.
In 2020 some Coach4aday posts will feature lessons learned by completing, planning, and experiencing 30 day challenges. The challenges include physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional.
I began to reflect on how life has changed since I was born. This is not a nostalgic post where I am longing for the good old days back. I just wanted to write about IMPROVEMENTS I have seen in my lifetime.
I realize that some people will view my IMPROVEMENTS as a step backwards but here is my take.
- The universal access to a telephone. When I was growing up my dad worked for NJ Bell. One of his perks was at certain career longevity marks he would be able to get an extension phone at no cost. My friends all thought we were wealthy because we had no less than (3) three phones in our home. Today everyone has a phone.
- Live sports on TV-No more NBA game of the week, Baseball Game of the week. If you want to watch you can find a way to see every game.
- The internet.
- The near elimination of polio thanks to a vaccine.
- FaceTime what a gift for grandparents.
- Novocain or something similar when you go to the dentist. My brother and I still talk about our childhood dental visits to Dr. Vincent Reilly in the 1960’s with no numbing when he drilled.
- Having restaurants, gymnasiums, and most public places banning smoking.
- A microwave oven
- The choices in selecting a beer.
- The elimination of the military draft
Despite the pandemic there is much to be thankful for.